In the current situation, there is no doubt that all businesses have been hit hard, the world over.
Evidently, the heaviest hit are the entrepreneurs of small businesses who are faced with the hard reality of “insufficient funds”, mostly leading up to closure. The “shop small, shop local” ideology was barely stable before – perhaps, because of obscurity & costs; right now, it has become insurmountably elusive.
Small entrepreneurs are dreamers. Visionnaires’. They market their craft, their ideas, their talent, their hands, their heart! For some, it’s to make a living & put food on their tables. Yes, while some evolve and go on to join the big leagues, most just want to maintain & control the essence of their product & their business….barely sustainable when ALL the odds are against you in the middle of this pandemic.
Here are some of the thoughts shared about small businesses……
- We need to keep our small businesses healthy in order to keep our economy strong. – Keith Haynes
- Small businesses provide the feeling that a real person is behind it all, someone who cares more about giving us a quality product or service, over just taking our hard-earned dollars.– Annia Bukhman
- A small business is an amazing way to serve and leave an impact on the world you live in.– Nicole Snow
- When you buy something made by a person, there is something special there, and you feel it. The consciousness with which a thing is made is often more important than the thing itself. – J. Donald Walters
- You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy local and that’s kind of the same. – Anonymus
- Giving a gift from a small business is giving a gift twice. – Anonymus
It is time for all of us to reach out, buy & help small, local businesses. Give them a fighting chance, to see them through this difficult phase. Your support will strengthen their faith in their vision; of their belief that their craft is appreciated.
“Support small businesses”
“Shop small, shop local”